This kind of post will probably become a monthly occurrence, so be warned 😉 Colin turned 13 months on May 22nd, and in the spirit of remembering the little things, these are some of the things that I’m loving about him right now.
1. The way he turns his rice crackers round and round as he eats them. He looks adorably curious doing this.
2. How he loves to fall asleep on top of me. This might be my favorite thing about motherhood.
3. The curls on the back of his head. These might exist due to the fact that I don’t comb them out enough. But I’ll settle with thinking he inherited some of my curly hair.
4. How he loves pollo sudado cooked by his dad, just like his mom. He literally cried and pointed to the fridge wanting more. He usually never does this with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
5. How he thinks that everything is a phone, and babbles unintelligibly into said thing. Said thing can be a credit card, a fake phone, an iPhone, or pretty much anything that he can get his hands on. Of his babbling, he says “digem,” a thousand times a day, and we have no idea what that means.
6. His love of passports and credit cards. I don’t know what this means for his teenage years, other than trouble.
7. How he dances to some of the children’s rhymes we expose him to. He’s currently obsessed with La Gallina Pintadita – Pin Pon.
8. How one of his favorite activities is to push these little pegs out of their holes.
9. How he takes cloth diapers and clothes out of the bureau drawer. I’m pretty sure this means nothing at all, but that doesn’t stop me from using the cloth diapers and the sweaters that he takes out.
10. How good he is when we travel. For the most part, he’s unfazed wherever we take him. We just got back from Moscow and he was a pleasure to walk around with. Here he is, unfazed by my selfie attempt.